These 21 Vintage Photos Show How Creepy The Past Used To Be
We’ve come a very long way since the Victorian Era. In addition to eradicating polio, the photography technology has improved so much we really need not dress the dead and make them look alive so we can have mementos of them.
But this wasn’t always the case. Back in the day the practice of “post-mortem photography” is extremely popular. Though the practice is no longer popular today, there is still plenty of evidence out there left to examine.
Here are 21 super creepy examples of that after-death photo op sessions.
1. These pictures used to be used as mementos of lost loved ones. Can you guess who’s no longer alive of the two?
2. It was common for the dead subjects to be made to “look-alive.”
3. They did this in a bunch of different ways. You can’t even tell the difference!
4. Like posing them with a few of their favorite things.
5. A girl with her toys.
6. Often, they made it look like the deceased was simply sleeping.
7. In this photo the girl on the far left is being supported by a hidden structure.
8. In this one, the dead man’s arm is positioned to support his head.
9. Here the ruffle in the curtain conceals a device used to support the boy.
10. This girl is sitting sideways for the same reason.