25 Timeless Fashion Lessons from Audrey Hepburn Every Woman Needs to Know
Audrey Hepburn is one of the 20th Century’s most heralded style icons, and for good reason! She had consistent, classic style throughout her life, sticking to simple ensembles that ooze class.
Here are 25 timeless fashion advice from the icon herself…
1. Sometimes, a simple dress is all you need. You can let your natural features steal the attention.
2. Gloves add a touch of sophistication to any outfit. Hepburn’s cutesy look was elevated by her immaculate white gloves.
3. Always accessorize and protect your face with a stylish woven hat — even if you’re just cleaning the pool.
4. Striped t-shirts and cropped haircuts can still look super feminine. Hepburn’s confidence made this boyish look shine.
5. Wearing a cozy nightgown is completely acceptable. You don’t always have to wear skimpy things to bed — comfort takes precedence!
6. A belt cinched in the middle of a dress creates a lovely shape. Hepburn amped up her plaid dress with a tight belt and an awesome beret.
7. You can wear a crown, even if you’re not royalty. Hepburn knew that every woman should be treated like a princess.
8. Don’t be afraid to rock a bow tie and a suit. Hepburn wore menswear to a T. Her heavy eyeliner and lipstick kept things sexy.
9. Collared shirts never go out of style. Furthermore, collared shirts and striped capris make for a great daytime look.
10. Your bangs don’t always have to be worn straight across your forehead. Hepburn played around with her’s for an edgy, asymmetrical, cut-up look.
11. You can never go wrong with a bold red lip. Hepburn knew this essential trick of the trade. (We also can’t get over her amazing gold armband!)
12. Simple color blocking creates a classic look. Just add some fun, chunky sandals and eye-catching earrings, like Hepburn did.