Tough and Sad Vietnam War Pictures That Will Stick In Your Mind (48 Photos)
1. The period that Americans refer to as the “Vietnam War” – and the Vietnamese call the “American War” – was the US military intervention from 1965 to 1973.
2. A med evac off Mutters Ridge, 2nd Bn 3rd Marines.
3. A Navy lieutenant aims his flaming arrow at a hut across the river that conceals a Viet Cong bunker.
4. Three American marines sleep atop ammunition boxes during a pause in the fighting at Gio Linh on April 2, 1967, just south of the demilitarized zone in Vietnam.
5. Marines of Delta 1/5 caring for their wounded at HUE, 1968
6. Rare picture of an HH-43 Pedro evacuating casualties during operation Abilene.
7. Khe Sanh, South Vietnam – April 12, 1971
8. B-52 Vietnam war
10. Tunnel rat Melvin Sherrell, KIA December 13, 1966