30 Surprising Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About These Countries
1. The tiny island of Nauru is the fattest nation on earth. About 95% of its adult population is overweight!
2. Over 800 languages are spoken in Papua, New Guinea.
3. New Zealand was the first country that gave women the right to vote in 1893.
4. Oldest sovereign state – Egypt
5. Dogs gave name to the Canary Islands
6. Roads made of coral – Guam
7. Largest country with no farms – Singapore. The entire island is a metropolis!
8. Youngest population of any country – Niger
9. In Australia the population of kangaroos (about 50 millions) is more than double than the population of the people living there.
10. Most lakes in the world – Canada
11. In Milan, there is still a law that requires citizens to smile at all times while being in public places, except funerals or hospital visits.
12. Has 350 sheep for every person – Falkand Islands (UK)
13. Fastest disappearing nation – Ukraine
14. Siberia contains more than 25% of the world’s forests.
15. Almost entirely covered in jungle – Suriname
16. The land of no rivers – Saudi Arabia
17. The “country desert” – Libya
18. Almost entirely treeless – Haiti
19. Most educated people – Canada
20. Least peaceful nation in the world – Somalia
21. World’s largest opium producer – Afghanistan
22. Most people behind bars – United States
23. Covers the most time zones – France
24. Most likely to disappear beneath the waves – Maldives
25. Least likely place to meet your neighbor – Mongolia
26. Largest number of tanks – Russia
27. Most diverse country in the world – India
28. Most of its citizens live abroad – Malta
29. Smaller than Central Park in New York City – Monaco
30. In Turkey, purple is the color of mourning and not black.