51 Rare Historical Photos That Will Leave You In Awe. #14 Is Just... WOW!
Below is a collection of some of the most fascinating rare historical photos you'll ever see. It's like going back in time to witness the most interesting moments in the history of the world.
1. A boxing match aboard the USS Oregon in 1897
2. An airman being captured by the Vietnamese people in Truc Bach Lake, Hanoi in 1967. That airman is John McCain.
3. Photo of Samurai warriors taken between 1860 and 1880
4. A shell-shocked reindeer looks on as bombs are dropped on Russia in 1941.
5. Walt Disney on the opening day of Disney Studios
6. Che Guevara enjoying a nice drink
7. The Microsoft employees in 1978
8. The last known Tasmanian Tiger (now extinct), photo taken in 1933
9. German air raid on Moscow in 1941
10. Winston Churchill out for a relaxing swim
11. The London sky after dogfight bombings between British and German war planes in 1940
12. Martin Luther King, Jr removes a burnt cross from his yard in 1960. The boy's his son.
13. Google begins.
14. Nagasaki, Japan 20 minutes after the atomic bombing in 1945
15. This is the only photograph of a living Quagga (now extinct) from 1870
16. Hitler's bunker
17. A Japanese war plane is shot down during the Battle of Saipan in 1944.
18. The original Ronald McDonald mascot played by Willard Scott
19. The very first photo taken from space in 1946
20. British SAS back from a gruelling 3-month patrol of North Africa in 1943
21. Disneyland employee canteen in 1961
22. The first McDonalds ever
23. Fidel Castro places a wreath at the Lincoln Memorial.
24. George S. Patton's dog mourning his master's death.
25. California lumberjacks cutting Redwoods
26. Construction of the infamous Berlin Wall in 1961
27. Bread and soup ration during the Great Depression
28. The 1912 World Series
29. The first photo taken right after the discovery of Machu Pichu in 1912.
30. Construction of the famous Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio da Janeiro, Brazil
31. Steamboats at the dock on the Mississippi River in 1907
32. Leo Tolstoy telling his grandchildren a story in 1909
33. The construction of Disneyland
34. Arnold Schwarzenegger on the very day he received his American citizenship
35. 14-year-old Osama bin Laden (second from the right)
36. Construction of the Statue of Liberty in 1884
37. Albert Einstein's office and table photographed on the day he died
38. A liberated Jew holds a Nazi guard at gunpoint.
39. Construction of the Manhattan Bridge in 1908
40. Construction of the Eiffel Tower in 1888
41. Dismantling of the infamous Berlin Wall in 1989
42. Titanic leaving port in 1912.
43. Adolf Hitler's pants, or what remains of it, after the failed assassination attempt at Wolf's Lair in 1944
44. ENIAC, the first computer ever built
45. Brighton Swimming Club in 1863
46. Ferdinand Porsche (yup, that Porsche) showing Adolf Hitler a model of the Volkswagen Beetle car in 1935
47. The unbroken seal on King Tut's tomb
48. Apollo 16 astronaut Charles Duke left this family photo behind on the moon in 1972.
49. The crew of Apollo 1 simulating their water landing in 1966. Unfortunately, every one of them was killed on the launch pad in a fire.
50. An aircraft crash on board during World War 2
51. Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Warren G. Harding (29th president of USA), and Harvey Samuel Firestone (founder of Firestone Tire and Rubber Co.) having a conversation