60 Chilling Unsolved Mysteries We Can't Stop Thinking About 

By Sophia Maddox | May 25, 2023

The O.J. Simpson Case

The 19th and 20th centuries had several events that investigators find baffling, and people worldwide still wonder about them. These events range from unexplained sightings, mysterious disappearances, and unsolved crimes that still leave people puzzled. These mysteries have created several theories and legends that people continue to find fascinating.

In this article, we will examine some of the most popular and mysterious unsolved cases from recent history, such as Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Jack the Ripper, the Phoenix Lights, the O.J. Simpson case, the D.B. Cooper hijacking, the Zodiac Killer, Stonehenge, and the mysterious Wow! Signal. We will go through the theories and evidence uncovered so far and understand why these cases continue to intrigue us. If you love the unknown and enjoy a good mystery, join us on this discovery journey.

test article image
(getty images)

On June 13, 1994, the bodies of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald L. Goldman were found stabbed to death outside of Nicole's townhouse. Nicole was the ex-wife of former football superstar O.J. Simpson, and at the time of the murders, the two were divorced and living in separate residences. The bodies were discovered by neighbors who were led to them by Nicole's dog, which had been barking incessantly.

The timeline of events leading up to the murders is as follows: on June 12, Nicole and her children, along with others, went to the restaurant called Mezzaluna at 6:30 p.m. Later that evening, Ronald Goldman went to the restaurant to pick up Nicole's mother's glasses. Meanwhile, O.J. Simpson and his friend Brian "Kato" Kaelin went to a nearby McDonald's for dinner, returning home at 9:45 p.m. At 10:25 p.m., limo driver Allan Park arrived at O.J.'s home to take him to the airport. At 11 p.m., O.J. left on a red-eye flight, and at 12:10 a.m. the next day, Nicole and Ronald's bodies were found.

During the investigation, a blood-stained glove, a knitted hat, and a bloodied footprint were discovered at the crime scene. Upon landing in Chicago, O.J. was informed of Nicole's death and subsequently questioned by the LAPD for three hours. On June 17, O.J. was charged with two counts of murder and declared a fugitive. The infamous high-speed chase involving police and O.J.'s white Ford Bronco ended at his home in Brentwood, Calif.

One of the most publicized trials in U.S. history followed. O.J. was represented by a high-profile defense team, known as the "Dream Team," which included Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Alan Dershowitz. The prosecution was led by Deputy District Attorneys Marcia Clark and William Hodgman. The defense team argued that there was reasonable doubt concerning the validity of the state's DNA evidence, and the jury ultimately acquitted O.J. on October 3, 1995. No other suspects have been questioned, and the murders of Nicole and Ronald remain unsolved.

The Mysterious Drowning of Natalie Wood

test article image
(getty images)

Natalie Wood, one of Hollywood's most beloved actresses, met a tragic end in 1981 when her body was found floating face down in the Pacific Ocean near Catalina Island. Wood had been working on the film Brainstorm with actor Christopher Walken at the time, and she and her husband, Robert Wagner, invited Walken to join them on their yacht named the Splendor. However, according to the boat's captain, Dennis Davern, tensions rose between Wood and Wagner, with the former becoming infatuated with Walken during the trip.

On the evening of November 28th, Wood and Walken went ashore to drink at a local bar, with Wood appearing intoxicated and stumbling out of the restaurant after not eating much of her dinner. The two returned to the yacht later that night, and witnesses from a nearby boat claimed to have heard a woman scream for help around midnight. According to Wagner, he and Walken had a non-violent argument that night, and Wood had gone to bed. However, Wagner didn't realize she was missing until he went to kiss her goodnight around 1:30 a.m.

Wood's body was found six hours later, about a mile away from the yacht, wearing only a flannel nightgown, blue wool socks, and a red down jacket. The cause of her death was ruled accidental drowning and hypothermia by the Los Angeles County coroner, Thomas Noguchi. However, Wood's sister Lana expressed doubts about the ruling, alleging that Wood could not swim and was terrified of water all her life, and that she would never have left the yacht on her own. To this day, her death remains a mystery.