What California Used To Look Like In The '60s
1. The first BART car unveiled on June 27, 1965 in San Francisco.
2. The Newport Beach Dory Fleet in the early 1960s when the fishing boats pulled right up onto the beach.
3. A group of Brown Berets poses on a porch in South Central Los Angeles in 1968.
4. Downtown San Diego 1961.
5. A San Francisco cable car passes through Powell and Sutter street intersection in San Francisco in the early 1960s.
6. The Capitol Records building standing at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood.
7. The famous Mad Tea Party ride at Disneyland.
8. Surfers pose with their long boards on Redondo Beach in the 60’s.
9. A 1960’s postcard featuring the Ramon Trailer Park.
10. Police and the National Guard patrolled South Central Los Angeles during the 1965 riots.
11. Market Street in San Francisco.
12. Redwoods being prepared to travel downriver in Humboldt County.
13. A track housing development in Daly City, an expanding residential area just south of San Francisco.
14. The Sacramento Airport back in the 60’s.
15. During the 1965 race riots in South Central Los Angeles.
16. Leroy Grannis documented the surf culture in the 1960’s. This was a typical beach day back in the 60’s.
17. The main drag of Yuba city near the California-Arizona border.