33 Rare Historical Photos So Incredible They'll Leave You Speechless
By | August 30, 2015
The phrase “a picture is worth a thousand words” aptly describes our rich history. Hope you enjoy this new collection of rare photos in history.
1. A grotto in an iceberg seen during the British Antarctic Expedition, January 5, 1911.
2. The breath of life. A utility worker giving mouth-to-mouth to a co-worker after he contacted a high voltage wire, 1967.
3. This soldier refused to join the Nazi salute, 1936.
4. This Austrian boy happy with his new pair of shoes, 1945, World War II.
5. A random but poignant soldier in Vietnam, 1965.
6. Animals used in medical therapy as early as 1956.
7. Nikola Tesla in his laboratory with his "Magnifying Transmitter."
8. This is how Catholic woman and her protestant husband were laid to rest in Holland, 1888.
9. Christmas dinner during the Great Depression: turnips and cabbage
10. Einstein enjoying the summer sun at Nassau Point, Long Island, New York, 1939.
11. Woman pushing a gas-resistant pram in England, 1938
12. Charlie Chaplin at age 27, 1916
13. The Hindenburg Disaster, May 6, 1937
14. Hippo pulling a cart, 1924
15. Advertisement for Atabrine, an anti-malaria drug, in Papua, New Guinea during World War II
16. Soldier sharing a banana with a goat during the battle of Saipan, ca. 1944
17. Baby cages suspended on air to ensure that children are getting enough sunlight and fresh air when living in an apartment building, ca. 1937
18. Little girl with her doll in the ruins of her bombed home, London, 1940
19. Bookstore in London ruined by an air raid, 1940
20. Walter Yeo, one of the first people to undergo an advanced plastic surgery and skin transplant, 1917
21. Suntan vending machine, 1949
22. Measuring bathing suits – if they were too short, women would be given a fine, 1920s
23. Hotel owner pouring acid in the pool because black people were swimming in it, ca. 1964
24. Lifeguard on the coast, 1920s
25. Mom and son look on as a mushroom cloud after an atomic test, Las Vegas, 1953
26. Mother hides her face in shame after putting her children up for sale, Chicago, 1948
27. Hitler’s officers and cadets celebrating Christmas, 1941
28. The real Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin, ca. 1927
29. Last prisoners of Alcatraz leaving as the prison closes for good, 1963
30. Mannequins melted and damaged after a fire at Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum, 1930
31. A space chimp after a successful mission to space, 1961
32. Illegal alcohol being poured out during Prohibition, Detroit, 1929
33. Workers painting the Eiffel Tower, 1932.