Men’s Fashion Ads From the 1970s Will Make You Cringe
These men's clothing ads from the 1970s feature 'Underwear that's funtawear' and 'For whom the bells tolls' fashion styles. What a groovy decade in fashion! It must have been quite the scene back then judging by these flamboyant mavericks.
1. Yeah, baby!
2. Is it Robin Hood, or one of his Merry Men?
4. Just look at those prints!
5. “Striking” is an understatement.
6. Onesies, anyone?
7. I don't want to ask why “horizontal opening” is a thing.
8. For those days when hands are superfluous.
9. The dad bod has always been a thing.
10. It’s so hard to cut these guys some slack.
11. Please God, let there be shorts under that thing.
12. “I have a chicken and I’m not afraid to use it!”
13. Even the bikers.
14. Ahoy there, captain.
15. When playing badminton...
16. Style runs in the family.
17. Because you never go out without the cap.
18. Comfort is key.
19. Stepping out of what?
20. The higher the waistline, the cooler the man.
21. Belted men sweaters are still waiting for a comeback.
22. Mr. Fancy Pants.
23. The sheeps are optional though.
24. Shades of Freddie Mercury.
25. Gender-bending sleepwear for the discerning gent.
26. Skintight to keep the bros tight.
27. “Funtawear.” LOL!
28. This magazine caters to a highly specialized niche, so it seems.
29. Back when snuggies were actually snug.
30. The stuff that dreams (or nightmares) are made of.
32. We love a man jogging in his Daisy Dukes.
33. Square pockets, ya'll
34. Tucked in for that seamless look.
35. A vision in polyester.
36. So much flare in one picture.
37. It’s the Austin Powers look.
38. Or so they claim.
39. If you want to shine.
40. The writing is just as good (or bad) as the clothes.